Monday, January 14, 2013

Good Morning - Back at it.

OMG I'm such a squirrel chaser.  I get so easily distracted by the next shiny thing and off I go full steam ahead.

Truth be told I have been a slacker these last few days.  I just haven't wanted to leave the house to workout.  I found excuse after excuse.  Some of them were good, and some were not. 

I managed to get in some family time which is always more important than anything else.  We had a day down in San Francisco, went to Pier 39, and the Aquarium of the bay.  It was a nice little day, but it doesn't get me any more prepared for my Ironman in July.

Family time and excuses don't stop the calendar or clock from progressing, and neither do video games, other hobbies, or just general laziness.

So I basically brow beat myself into going to the gym this morning.  I wasn't feeling the swim, so I decided I would run.  I did a nice little two mile run to wake myself up and get the blood flowing a little bit.  Tonight I am going to go and do a spin class.  I still really like the idea of the TrainerRoad product and plan to continue using it, but I think I need a little change from time to time.  I get into a rut, things get boring and I lose interest.  I think I will alternate back and forth between spin class and the long trainer rides.  If the weather stays nice, I'll try and throw in some club rides out on the road.

Anyhow, it felt good to get on the treadmill and run.  I really don't like the treadmill, but I hate the cold even more ;-) I'm still considering joining one of the training groups through the fleet feet store, I think it would be nice to have some running company that has the same goal I do.  I have run at work with a few people, but their goal was a 5k and had no interest in doing anything longer.  For me the worst part of the run is the boredom.  Am I done yet, how long until this is over etc. etc.  Usually it isn't a case of being tired or pain that makes me quit, it boredom and wanting to be done doing the run.

Well I hope you all have a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment