Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Good morning!

Well I didn't get my swim done last night.  For some reason my stomach decided that it didn't like me any more and all I wanted to do was go to bed.  In bed by 8 and asleep by 9.  Sounds like a good nights sleep.  The only problem is I don't sleep worth a damn.  Of course I see almost every hour go by on the clock.  It seems like the only way I can get a good nights sleep any longer is to take P.D.D's (performance decreasing drugs)  I wonder if they will take my USAT card away from me and impose a multiple year ban on me.

I never have any problem falling asleep.  I could do it right now if I wanted to.  It's staying asleep that is the issue.  I think I fear the alarm clock going off, so I anticipate it all night long.  I constantly wake up and look at the clock.  If I turn the display off on my clock, then I'm rolling over to my wife's side of the bed to see what her alarm clock display is showing.

I have tried several different prescribed drugs from the Dr's office but the thing that seems to work the best is Tylenol PM.  The only problem with that is I am a zombie the next morning.  It takes forever to wake up and when I am asleep, I am dead to the world.  The house could burn down around me and I wouldn't know it.

Anyhow I made it to the gym this morning, I got in my 30 minute run, followed by about 25 minutes on the elliptical machine.  My goal was to go to spin class tonight, but I was reminded that my wife has school tonight, so I need to be home to watch my son.  I'm glad I told my wife I was going to the gym otherwise we would have had a minor disaster tonight.  I am contemplating riding the trainer tonight since I won't be making it to spin class, but I'm always so tired at night that I just can't get motivated to work out.

I think I need to go back to taking a nap during my lunch break.  I need to do something to make sure I have some energy at some point during the day.  The only times I feel awake and alive are during my workouts, and when I'm playing video games.  Those two things seem to sharpen my mind, or at least give me something to focus on that pushes the tired feeling away.

I'm taking all my vitamins, I'm getting daily exercise, I'm certainly eating enough calories, I just don't know what is up with the lethargy.  My lab work always comes back within normal levels......

Maybe I'll send my doctor an email asking if there are any other things we could check for.  Maybe there is some non standard lab test that might shed some light on my lack of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment