Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Just another day

So not a whole lot to report, still just trudging along at the gym.

I got in a 60 minute spin class yesterday.  I like having different instructors and different plans.  It seems to really break up the drudgery of the same workout all the time.  It's amazing how all the workouts can be hard but in their own special way. 

I may have one workout that has never ending really short high intensity intervals, with short breaks in between.  Nothing long enough to make you fail, but never enough rest between the intervals to allow you to fully recover.  Or a workout that may go 10-15-20 minutes at a constant steady state where you are struggling to hold on the final couple minutes, but then you are rewarded with a break that is long enough for some serious recovery, only to get hammered with that long interval again.  I'm not sure which one gives me the better workout, I know that when I'm done I have put in some work, but they are each a different kind of tired.

I'm looking forward to February 2nd, it's the start of my marathon training group.  It will be nice to have someone else to train with.  I just don't find that solace or calm in running alone.  I get more benefit being out there suffering with others.  I like the camaraderie much more.

Tonight goal after work is 3 mile run and then 3 miles on the elliptical trainer.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment