Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Enough hours in the day or days in the week

Well I have completed 1 full week of my 1`/2 marathon training runs.
Week 1 was (2) 5 mile runs and (2) 3 mile runs Saturday February 2nd - Saturday February 9th.
We have our longer runs on the weekend.
This week the 11th-16th we have (2) 4 mile runs during the week and (1) 6 mile run on the weekend.
Starting in March we will have track workouts on Mondays.  I'm looking forward to this with some fear and excitement.  I'm notoriously slow so I'm not looking forward to getting outrun by everyone else, but I am hopeful that they can teach me something to help with my form and maybe give me some increased speed.

My knee is still not 100% and I'm not sure it ever will be.  It was pretty stiff the other night after my run.  I hadn't experienced that before.  I have had aches and pains while running, which go away with a little walk break.  It still feels like it isn't moving correctly or fluidly. I'm sure my running for is not great because I am babying that knee and altering my stride.  It still feels weak and I'm leery of hammering away at it.  I also don't like the feeling of running downhill.  It feels like it is one misstep away from locking out and hyper extending.

The good thing is the weather seems to be improving.  I'm looking forward to some outdoor bike rides pretty soon.  I'm sure the rain isn't done yet, we generally get a lot of spring rains, but I'm hopeful.

Take care,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment