Monday, July 8, 2013

Slacker

So it has been brought to my attention that I haven't posted in a while and I must admit this is true.  I have been a bit of a slacker when it comes to documenting what I am doing.  This is mostly due to the fact that I haven't been doing anything exciting.

I have been busy encouraging my son to get some exercise, we have been going to the gym together 2-3 times a week and working on the c25k program, which he did complete.  I didn't tell him that he finished it, I just moved us on to the couch210k program which is basically more of the same with increased running intervals.  We have signed him up for the kids triathlon that takes place on August 4th 2013.
He has been a pretty good sport about it, even running on days when I have had to work.  His mom has taken him to the gym and he does the routine I have setup for him.  I'm really impressed that he has stuck it out.

So what have I been doing.  Well I have been focusing on my swim because I feel like it is my weakest link.  I have had a few private lessons which really have helped.  Hermine has been extremely positive and very helpful in getting me to swim.  I still don't swim like a fish, but I am not currently fearful of my ability to finish the 2.4 mile swim.

I have been out to the river for a swim of the course now that the damn is up and the beach is open for use.
I was trying to get some higher intensity workouts during spin class but that has taken a hit as I have started a second job, and it conflicts with spin class.

My run is coming along, nothing stellar, but it is happening without too much pain.  Last years knee fracture does still seem to flare up a bit, and I'm positive it was the contributing factor to my other knee hurting.  I think I was favoring the old injury and putting too much strain on the healthy knee because of the change in my stride and attempts to protect the injured knee.

I have a 100 mile ride scheduled for this Friday July 12, 2013.  The next two weeks will have some focused workouts, followed by a week of tapering and just trying to keep everything loose and ready to go.


So that's about it for now.  I should have another update on the long bike ride and how it went, but after that, you probably won't hear from me again until after the race with a report on  how it went.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment